DESTINATION MARKETING IN THE COVID AGE
A Practical Two-Part Series Supporting Small Business COVID-19 Recovery
As part of our on-going commitment to local small businesses and COVID-19 economic recovery efforts, we recently offered a free webinar series in partnership with the Center for Responsible Travel (CREST) for local businesses in Marquette County to learn digital and tourism marketing strategies.
COVID-19 has had a major impact on small businesses, especially those within the tourism sector and across Marquette County. Small businesses are needing to adapt quickly to social-distancing requirements through digital marketing strategies to ensure they can still reach customers. Tourism-linked businesses are also finding ways to successfully reach travelers safely as the summer travel season continues with innovative new product offerings, messaging, and the use of digital technology.
- Part 1: Tourism Marketing in the COVID Age: a primer on tourism marketing, ideal for businesses new to tourism marketing, or looking to learn more. This webinar includes COVID specific resources and messaging points.
- You can access the recording here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suETTi0nj38
- Part 2: Digital Marketing and Third-party Platforms: Reaching Your Audience Where They Are offers you a deeper dive into digital platforms like Google, TripAdvisor, and Yelp and how to use them to effectively reach your audiences on the websites they are already using.
- You can access the recording here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjPRJisa34
- Marketing Resources for Webinar handout provides more detail on tourism marketing and links to further resources.
- The Marketing Worksheet is a guide for you to write out your own marketing information in one place before publishing your business online. This will help you ensure consistency and accuracy across marketing channels.
- The Key third party travel sites guide will take you through how to set up or claim your online business listings on Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Facebook. I have included links from each website to provide more detail on making the most of these free platforms.